Monday, February 27, 2012

Agenda, February 28

Due Now: Monster,  pages 44-88
Due Now: Study questions #2; Do your own work. Don't copy answers from a friend.
 
Due Tomorrow: Monster,  pages 89-126
Due Tomorrow: Monster Text Analysis; Do your own work. Don't copy answers from a friend.
 
For Triage: Bring your book, pencil, paper, and your brain.



Today's Learning Goals:
I can use text clues to analyze an author's purpose.
I can read between the lines.
I can collect evidence about Steve's innocence or guilt.
Unit Goals:
I can select evidence that determines Steve's innocence or guilt.
 
I can assess the characteristics of a character's personality, and justify my assessment with evidence from the text.  

  1. Collect Study Questions
  2. Independent Reading
  3. Any questions?
  4. Inference Exercise #1
  5. Inference Exercise #2: How do they feel about Steve?
  6. Juror's Notebook
  7. Freewrite #10: Are people really innocent until proven guilty?
  8. Text Analysis: Flashbacks
  9. Monster Brainstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment