Monday, December 3, 2012

Agenda, December 3

Due Wednesday: Bring your planner to class.
Due Wednesday: Parent Signature on Syllabus
Due Thursday: Post a friendly comment to the blog. For example, you could ask a question, tell me your favorite word (and explain why it's your favorite word), or post an interesting link. Be sure to use your best spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If you can't post to the blog, send me an e-mail.
Today's Learning Targets:
I can reflect on last trimester's events.
I can use active reading strategies to understand the class rules.
I can use symbolism to capture my personality.
  1. Freewrite: Tell me about last trimester. What did you learn? What did you like? What didn't you like? What are your hopes / expectations for this trimester?
  2. Read with a pencil: underline key ideas, circle unfamiliar words, write notes and questions in the margins.
  3. Read with a partner: Partner A reads one section to Partner B, then partner B summarizes it. Switch roles with each section.
  4. Make a Name Tag: Your name needs to be large and easy to read, use symbols to explain your personality, use color

No comments:

Post a Comment