Monday, December 17, 2012

Agenda, December 17

Due Tomorrow: Questions on "The Bet" (if we don't finish today).
Due Wednesday: Rough draft of a short story (we'll have lots of writing time in class).
Due Friday: Final draft of your short story, typed (we'll have Thursday and Friday to type in class).
Quiz make-ups and retakes are Wednesday, 12/19, at 2 pm in B105. You'll need to arrange your own transportation.

Today's learning targets: 
I can use details and evidence from a story to determine the theme.
I can use a plot pyramid to organize my ideas for a story.
I can write an interesting and inviting opening paragraph.
  1. Plot Pyramid Time (10 minutes). If you're done, have me check  it off, and then you can start drafting.
  2. Three openings
  3. Questions on "The Bet," by Anton Chekov
  4. Thematic Statements for "The Bet"

No comments:

Post a Comment