Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Agenda, December 18

Due Now: Questions on "The Bet" 
Due Wednesday: Rough draft of a short story (we'll have lots of writing time in class).
Due Friday: Final draft of your short story, typed (we'll have Thursday and Friday to type in class).
Quiz make-ups and retakes are Wednesday, 12/19, at 2 pm in B105. You'll need to arrange your own transportation.

Today's learning targets: 
I can use a plot pyramid to organize my ideas for a story.
I can write an interesting and inviting opening paragraph.
I can select vivid, precise words.
I can write about events with thorough, accurate details. 
I can practice what good readers do.
  1. Word Choice Exercise
  2. Drafting Time
  3. Exploding the Moment
  4. Drafting Time
  5. Sentence Fluency Chart
  6. Drafting Time
  7. "The Two Brothers," by Leo Tolstoy

No comments:

Post a Comment