Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Agenda, September 26

Comma Quiz #1 make ups / re-takes will be Wednesday at 2 pm in B108. You will need to arrange your own transportation. You may also arrange to take the quiz with me during either lunch, but you need to do so before Wednesday.
Do Every Day: Read 30 (15 in class and 15 or more at home). Be sure to mark your reading on your bookmark as you finish.


Due Tomorrow: Bookmark 1. Don't forget your Wondrous Words. 

Today's learning targets:
I can analyze a short story for foreshadowing, symbolism, and theme. I can support my answers with evidence from the text.
I can correct errors with the parenthetical comma
I can read for pleasure.
  1. Personal Reading. Look for wondrous words. 
  2. Review Comma Rule #1
  3. Comma Rule #2: The Parenthetical Comma
  4. Foreshadowing, Symbolism, and Theme in "Initiation," by Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment