Thursday, September 20, 2012

Agenda, September 21


Due Now: Read 15 minutes or more. Be sure to mark it on your bookmark.
Due Monday: Read 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday. Be sure to mark your reading on your bookmark as you finish.
Due TuesdayTest on Vocab List 1 and Elements of Literature
Due Thursday, September 27: Bookmark 1

Today's learning targets:
I can show my knowledge on a quiz.
I can analyze a short story for foreshadowing, symbolism, and theme. I can support my answers with evidence from the text.
I can use a graphic organizer to apply the elements of literature to an unconventional short story. 
I can read for pleasure.


  1. Serial Comma Quiz
  2. Personal Reading
  3. Foreshadowing, Symbolism, and Theme
  4. What good readers do ...
  5. "Initiation," by Sylvia Plath
  6. Freewrite #4: "Life is not a matter of milestones but of moments."

No comments:

Post a Comment