Monday, September 24, 2012

Agenda, September 25

Quiz make ups / re-takes will be Wednesday at 2 pm in B107. You will need to arrange your own transportation. You may also arrange to take the quiz with me during either lunch, but you need to do so before Wednesday.
Do Every Day: Read 30 (15 in class and 15 or more at home). Be sure to mark your reading on your bookmark as you finish.

Due NowTest on Vocab List 1
Due Thursday, September 27: Bookmark 1. Don't forget your Wondrous Words.

Today's learning targets:
I can show what I know on a quiz.
I can analyze a short story for foreshadowing, symbolism, and theme. I can support my answers with evidence from the text.
I can state the rule for the Parenthetical Comma.
I can identify examples of correctly used Parenthetical Commas.
I can read for pleasure.


  1. Vocab Quiz 1
  2. Personal Reading. Look for wondrous words. 
  3. Freewrite #4: "Life is not a matter of  milestones but of moments." Write about a little moment that meant a lot.
  4. Review Comma Rule #1
  5. Comma Rule #2: The Parenthetical Comma
  6. Foreshadowing, Symbolism, and Theme in "Initiation," by Sylvia Plath

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned that there might be some more extra credit happening soon? Just wondering when the next opportunity might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never sure when extra credit will arrive. It always sneaks up on me.

      Delete