Monday, September 10, 2012

Agenda, September 11

Due Tomorrow: Bring your planner to class.
Due Tomorrow: Parent Signature on Syllabus

Due Thursday: Post a friendly comment to the blog. For example, you could ask a question, tell me your favorite word (and explain why it's your favorite word), or post an interesting link. Be sure to use your best spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Today's learning targets:
I can use a brainstorm to generate ideas to write about.
I can use freewriting to draft ideas for a story.
I can interpret symbols.
I can write a well developed paragraph.
  1. Name tags: 5 minutes to finish
  2. The Writing Process: Brainstorming
  3. Freewrite #1: At the end of the day ... OR Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse ...
  4. Share your name tag
  5. What is a paragraph?
  6. Write a topic sentence
  7. Name tag paragraph

14 comments:

  1. To post a comment, you must select a profile first. Select "name/url." Type in your name. Then you can post your comment. Finally, click "publish."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite color is purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If parents say "Never take candy from strangers why do we celebrate Halloween?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite word is butterfly because... Well... They're amazing haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you do when you're not teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So here's a friendly wall post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn8FlDYGCMc

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite word is theory. A theory is basically making an assumption about something out of this world. Not only is it an interesting word to say, but I make a lot of theories myself. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite word is bubble. I like the Bs to it and how its pronouced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, my favorite word is peculiar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You Rock Mr.Kline!!! -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. When is our first speech?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often do speeches for my finals. I may or may not have a speech for the first tri final, but I certainly don't have a speech on the agenda before then.

      Delete