Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Agenda, September 12

Due Now: Bring your planner to class.
Due Now: Parent Signature on Syllabus
Due Tomorrow: Use the Grammar Decoder to correct the errors in your name tag paragraph.
Due Tomorrow: Post a friendly comment to the blog. For example, you could ask a question, tell me your favorite word (and explain why it's your favorite word), or post an interesting link. Be sure to use your best spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
 
Today's learning targets:
I can use a brainstorm to generate ideas to write about.
I can use freewriting to draft ideas for a story.
I can interpret symbols.
I can write a well developed paragraph.
  1. Planner Check
  2. Grammar Decoder practice
  3. Vocab Assignment 1: Copy the definitions of all 20 words directly from Dictionary.com
  4. The Elements of Literature
  5. "An American Childhood" by Annie Dillard

2 comments:

  1. My favorite word in history would be taco. Taco is my favorite word because I love tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite word is sleep because that is my number one hobby.

    ReplyDelete