Monday, September 24, 2012

Agenda, September 24

Quiz make ups / re-takes will be Wednesday at 2 pm in B107. You will need to arrange your own transportation. You may also arrange to take the quiz with me during either lunch, but you need to do so before Wednesday.
Due Now: Read 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday. Be sure to mark your reading on your bookmark as you finish.
Due TomorrowTest on Vocab List 1
Due Thursday, September 27: Bookmark 1

Today's learning targets:
I can connect real life examples to my vocabulary words.
I can analyze a short story for foreshadowing, symbolism, and theme. I can support my answers with evidence from the text.
I can state the rule for the Parenthetical Comma.
I can read for pleasure.

  1. Personal Reading. Look for wondrous words. 
  2. Freewrite #4: "Life is not a matter of milestones but of moments."
  3. Vocab Task 3: Identify a real life example of a person or thing that fits each vocab word.
  4. Comma Rule #2: The Parenthetical Comma
  5. Foreshadowing, Symbolism, and Theme in "Initiation," by Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment