Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Agenda, January 11

Due Now: Finish reading the Harris Burdick story. Bring it to class, unmangled. Please don't write on it.
Due Now: Bring your personal reading book.
Tonight: Read 15 minutes. Mark your bookmark.
Friday's Quiz Questions: Write a paragraph that explains how you helped your classmates learn this week. Correct and compose sentences with introductory clauses. 


Today's Learning Goals:
I can use the grammar decoder to correct my own grammar errors.
I can write a paragraph that uses strong sentence fluency and communicates a mood.
I can identify the mood and the character types in a fictional narrative.
I can help my classmates identify the mood and the character types in a fictional narrative.
Unit Goals: 
I can incorporate the elements of literature into my own fictional narrative.


  1. Reading time
  2. Burdick Quiz
  3. Three Introductory Clauses
  4. Fix Your Own Errors
  5. Mood Words
  6. Mood paragraph
  7. Burdick Story: What's the mood? Are the characters round? flat? static? dynamic?

2 comments:

  1. What is Work Time 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work Time 2 was participation during typing time on Friday, 12/16. Students who were done with their essays were responsible for creating an environment where their classmates could work. As a group, we weren't very successful at that task.

    ReplyDelete