Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Agenda, April 30

Do Tonight: Read 15 minutes. Record your reading and your pages on your bookmark when you finish. Finish Chapter 1 of The Pearl, if we don't finish in class.
Do Every Day: Bring your personal reading book and your copy of The Pearl.

Due Yesterday:  Finished Poetry Portfolio

Due Now: Bookmark 4, front and back

Coming Next Week: OAKS Reading Test. Has everybody already tested in math or science?

Today's Learning Targets:
I can identify literary devices in my independent reading.

I can support my opinion with evidence.

I can take clear notes.

I can use evidence from others to sharpen my own thinking.

I can use an author's diction choices to infer setting.

  1. Collect Bookmarks
  2. Whole class discussion
  3. Read aloud
  4. Where is this book set?

No comments:

Post a Comment