Thursday, December 8, 2011

Agenda, December 8

Due Monday, 12/12: Bring a personal reading book to class. If you want to check one out from my library, please do so before the end of lunch on Monday.
Due Tuesday, 12/13: Rough Draft of Short Story
Due Wednesday, 12/14: Test on Elements of Literature 
Extra Credit: Go see South Pacific! Wed-Sat, 7:30 pm, OCHS auditorium. All tickets $9. Ask me for an extra credit form.

  1. Book Talk
  2. 20 minutes of silence. Put the events of your story on the plot chart. For Exposition, list the setting and the characters. For the Narrative Hook, state the conflict and the type of conflict. You need three events of rising action and one event of falling action.
  3. Conflict: Give one, get one
  4. Openings: Describe the place, describe a person, start with an action
Today's Goals: I can use the plot pyramid to brainstorm ideas for a short story. I can work with others to think of examples of the five conflicts. I can write a variety of openings for a story.

Unit Goal: I can analyze a short story using the elements of literature. I can incorporate the elements of literature into a personal narrative.

1 comment: