Thursday, October 1, 2015

Agenda, October 1

Due Dates 
  • Late: Bookmark #1, front and back completed
  • DO tonight: Read for 15 minutes AND record it on your bookmark as you finish.
  • Due Now: Bring your personal reading book to class.  
  • Last Chance for Full Credit: Final Draft of short story, plus drafting materials (original freewrite, rough draft, plot pyramid, three openings, mood paragraph). Thursday is your last chance to turn this in for full credit.
  • Test Re-takes (if you want to raise your grade): Wednesday, 10/7, after school in B105. You will need to arrange your own transportation. 
Today's Learning Targets:

  • I can read for pleasure.
  • I can infer the meanings of unfamiliar words and appreciate good writing.
  • I can use prefixes, suffixes, and roots to determine the meanings of unfamiliar words.
  • I can correctly punctuate TOE sentences.
  • I can reflect on my own work.
  • I can read an image.
  • I can use a quickwrite to generate ideas.
Agenda
  1. Independent Reading
  2. Elements of Literature Quiz Reflection
  3. Affix Exercise #2
  4. An image from "Sanctuary"
  5. Quickwrite #7: How did you discover your sanctuary?

No comments:

Post a Comment