Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Agenda, November 27

Due Now: Bring your planner to class.
Due Now: Parent Signature on Syllabus
Due Now: Completed Name Tag
Due Monday: Post a friendly comment to the blog. For example, you could ask a question, tell me your favorite word (and explain why it's your favorite word), or post an interesting link. Be sure to use your best spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If you can't post to the blog, send me an e-mail. Bookmark the blog while you're at it.
Today's Learning Targets:
I can use a freewrite to generate ideas for a story.
I can use a grammar decoder to improve Mr. Kline's conventions.
I can invent examples of the 5 basic conflicts.
  1. Freewrite #1: Write about the worst meal ever OR Tell me about a holiday gone wrong.
  2. Introducing the Grammar Decoder
  3. Five Conflicts
  4. Put a movie on the plot chart

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start writing in english

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! :3 my favorite word is giggle. I'm not really sure why but I know it makes me laugh :D ,so I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of all your outside activities. What do you enjoy most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, that's a tough question. I think I like car camping best. It's not as adventurous as backpacking, but it just feels safer. Perhaps, when I am a more confident backpacker, I'll like that better than car camping.

      Delete
  4. How much homework will we have a night in English?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There won't be too much homework. I try to get all the writing done in class. After break, we'll begin independent reading. At that point, we'll have reading homework every night.

      Delete
  5. Will this be the only friendly comment we write, or will there be more like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, I only require one. I want to make sure everyone can find the blog and bookmark it. However, it's kind of fun for me to get comments, so we may do this again.

      Delete
  6. What kind of books do you like to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all kinds of books. Mostly I read young adult fiction. Two of my favorite authors are MT Anderson and Markus Zusak, but neither one has a published a book recently.

      Delete
  7. hope everyone had a great thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  8. What genre of books are we going to be reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll read a little bit of everything. We'll start with short stories tomorrow. After winter break we'll read an epic poem. We'll finish the term with a novel.

      Delete
  9. Will there be more free writing or will you be giving us topics to write about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More free writing is coming your way! Woo hoo! (If you want or need more specific topics, we can do that for you, too.)

      Delete
  10. I'm looking forward to finally finding a book I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete