Monday, November 25, 2013

Agenda, November 26

Due Wednesday: Bring your planner to class.
Due Wednesday: Parent Signature on Syllabus
Due Monday: Post a friendly comment to the blog. For example, you could ask a question, tell me your favorite word (and explain why it's your favorite word), or post an interesting link. Be sure to use your best spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If you can't post to the blog, send me an e-mail. Bookmark the blog while you're at it.
Today's Learning Targets:
I can recall definitions of important terms from middle school English.
I can craft a paragraph that explains the connection between my name tag and my personality.
I can apply elements of literature to a movie.
I can use symbolism to capture my personality.
  1. 15 minutes of name tag time: your name needs to be large and easy to read. Use a minimum of three symbols to explain your personality; use color.
  2. What is a topic sentence?
  3. What is a paragraph?
  4. Name Tag Paragraph
  5. Plot Pyramid Review
  6. Put a movie on the plot chart

4 comments:

  1. My favorite color is blue because I just think of it as a mellow color

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long have you been teaching at OCHS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kind of lost track. I've been here 18 years or so. It's a great place to teach.

      Delete
  3. Will we be getting a lot of homework?

    ReplyDelete