Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Agenda, October 16

Do Every Day: Read 30 (15 in class and 15 or more at home). Be sure to mark your reading on your bookmark as you finish.
Due Thursday:  Bookmark 4, 10/11 - 10/17
Coming Tuesday, October 23: Quiz on Comma Rules 1-4 and 14 Vocab Words
Test retakes are Wednesday at 2 pm in B107. You will need your own ride home.

Today's learning targets:
I can infer the meaning of unfamiliar words.
I can define 7 of the 14 most important words in the English language.
I can state the rule for commas with an appositive.
I can track the development of a character over the course of an epic poem.
I can track the development of a theme over the course of an epic poem.
  1. Personal Reading
  2. 7 more cool words
  3. Comma Rule #4: Appositives (Renamers)
  4. Finally: "New Coasts" and "The Lotus Eaters" 

No comments:

Post a Comment