Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Agenda, October 17

  • Due Every Day: Bring a personal reading book to class.
  • Do Tonight: Read for 15 minutes every day. Keep an eye out for the Elements of Style and writing that you enjoy.
  • Due Friday: Honors Agreement Assignment #1: Extension Project OR Analytical Essay
  • What's my extension? Find a non-fiction article about Sandra Cisneros or Latinx culture and share it with your teachers.
Today's Learning Targets:
  • I can read for pleasure.
  • I can read closely and carefully.
  • I can use a graphic organizer to capture key details.
  • I can define and identify elements of style.
  • I can incorporate the elements of style into my own writing.
Today's Agenda:
  1. Reading Journal / Independent Reading
  2. "Hairs" Model
  3. The House on Mango Street Graphic Organizer Sharing
  4. Journal #3 
  5. The House on Mango Street Read Aloud

No comments:

Post a Comment